Thursday, January 29, 2009



Nyamata is the future area for the new airport. The existing airport will be converted into a military base. The road to this area is new and the development plans include a new Serena Hotel and relocation of the downtown area.

Two years ago we started Robert out in a small business with a refrigerator and pop. He established it in an office building and before long he sold it; bought some cows then sold his cows and bought this piece of land. A small house is situated on this quarter of an acre; the tenants are still residing in the house until their new dwelling is complete. We are proud of Robert’s business sense and the vision he has for his future.


4 comments:

Nicole said...

I too am VERY proud of my brother. He is a little entreprenuer and I see him being very successful! Give him a big hug for me. You have done so much for him and I too am very proud of my parents and the lives you are changing. You are showing people that a small gesture, like helping start a business will go far.

Anonymous said...

Robert, I'm so proud of you and your new land. I can't wait to see it, when I return to Rwanda. I am walking a mile everyday to get stronger. Wa to go , Robert.

kate said...

Another good place to buy Keen footware is shoepeddlers.com
Keen Newport - Womens - The Newport is the foundation of the Keen Footwear line. Designed to perform in adverse conditions, the razor siped outsole and 3mm lugs provide excellent traction. A true hybrid, the waterproof uppers withstand the abuse of saltwater and dirt, while providing supple comfort and stylish looks

John V. said...

Glad you made it there safely. Sounds like you're experiencing several emotions from joy to sadness. Those girls look so happy!