Thursday, February 12, 2009

God is Great!

Our morning started at 5:30 am; it was a sleepless night as we knew that the morning woud take us to the hospital to get Doreen’s biopsy results. We reached the hospital at 7:30 where we waited for an hour and a half. We sat in silence watching the corridors being filled with people seeking medical care. As we sat across from Dr Joseph Vyankandondera’s desk one could feel the heaviness in the air. As he pulled up the lab results on the computer he turned to us with a soft look on his face and a hint of a smile on his face and informed us that all was well. The smile on Doreen’s face was as wide as I have ever seen. Ron and I, choked up, let out a sigh of relief. I looked upward and thanked God for his blessing! God is truly great!

5 comments:

Cathy Hackett said...

I am so happy for Doreen and I thank God that she is alright! Looking forward to seeing you when you come home and listening to the many stories and looking at all the beautiful photography!

Nicole said...

Amen to that!

Anonymous said...

JOYCE

THIS WAS AN AMAZING THING THAT MY ONE OF MY FAVORITE GIRLS IN THE ESTHER HOME HAS SURVIVED SUCH A SERIOUS THING. I AM ALSO VERY PROUD OF DORREN THAT SHE WAS NOT SCARED. TELL DORREN HI AND I LOVE U ECXCEDRA. HAVE A GOOD DAY OR NIGHT.

LOVE,
CHICKAPEA

Anonymous said...

Doreen, I' so happy for your good news. I continue to pray for you and all your Esther Home sisters. Yes God is great.

Anonymous said...

wow God is great